Join one of our Member Leadership Team Positions:
- Ebuddy - offers tech/computer support for those who need help accessing Hour
Exchange Portland with a computer. Help manage member accounts & provide individual software
- New Member Mentor - answer new member's questions and help them get started
making their first exchanges. Flexible hours, can be done from home.
- Member Care Committee - support member leaders to ensure all Hour Exchange
Portland members are engaged and involved.
- Orientation Leader - run orientations for new members, should be comfortable
speaking about the program in front of a group once a month.
- Office Helper - data entry, filing, phone calls to schedule orientations, etc.
Hour Exchange Portland Board
Please contact the Board at:
The Board meets the first Thursday of the month from 5:45-7:45. Members are welcome to attend-please email us to let us know you are coming. Board meeting minutes are available upon request.
- Sarah Braik (President-2019) joined HEP in 2016 and does't know quite how she managed to live without it all these years. She has recently retired from careers in the restaurant, community mental health, and education fields. She finds herself busier than when she was working: in addition to her service to HEP, she is a co-leader of the Portland Chapter of Citizens' Climate Lobby and Associate Companion-in-Charge of the Maine Chapter of the Society of the Companions of the Holy Cross.
- Adriane Herman (Vice President-2020) designs performative events to occasion opportunities for people to relinquish physical or symbolic items or state intentions to let go of non-tangible things before encouraging witnesses. Herman explores content in context with students at Maine College of Art, where she is Professor of the MFA in Studio Art. She holds a B.A. from Smith College, an M.F.A. from University of Wisconsin-Madison, and a Level II Wilton Method Cake Decorating certificate. She has lectured at over 50 institutions, and been an artist in residence in Nova Scotia; Varanasi, India; Yarmouth, ME.; and Kansas City. She has been a member of HEP since 2005 and believes passionately in its mission and fundamental tenet that everyone's time has equal value. Recent HEP exchanges greatly facilitated her 2017 solo exhibition at SPEEDWELL projects entitled "Out of Sorts." She also serves on the board of the non-denominational Church of Nature.
- Karin Belsheim (Secretary-2018) moved to Portland from Maryland three years ago when she retired, and is happy to be making new friends and contributing to her fantastic community via Hour Exchange Portland.
- Minna Sorell (Treasurer-2020) has been a HEP member since 2012. She worked for HEP as a paid coordinator on a ten hours per week basis for about a year and a half prior to joining the Board in spring 2015.
- Jackie Hawkins (2019)has been a HEP member since October of '98, 19 years. She served on the Member Care/Leadership Team for two years and has been a Board member since September of 2016. She loves our HEP community and wants to help as much as possible so we all benefit from the growth of HEP and bring prosperity to our members and community.
- Sally Trice (2018) has been an Hour Exchange member since its founding and still enjoys its benefits. A music major in college, she has directed choirs and also plays accordion. She is an enthusiastic Gardner albeit her rather pale green thumb.